Friday, September 21, 2012

Math~ Place value cups

I was trying to think of a fun way to make a number dial to work on place values.  I simply wrote the numbers 0-9 on each cup and than added a zero/s behind depending on which cup/place value.
 
I wanted something that I could call out a number and he could easier move like a dial that didn't take too much time to play.  This is perfect on the go as well.  I can call out the number and he can just show me in the mirror.
 

Here he is working on the hundreds (127)

I made cups all the way up to the thousands.
 
I like that I can review number sense and place value all at the same time and son has fun reviewing.   Takes 2 minutes to make and takes 2 Min's to practice a few numbers.
 
also a great way for the Little's (under 6) to learn number sense with the ones and tens cups
 

No comments:

Post a Comment